ARE has two VersaLink B615 B/W copiers on both the 3rd and 4th floor. Both ARE copiers on each floor have been configured for network printing and should be available for printing over the network as printers you can print to upon logging in. Please note that these copiers are capable of stapling. Remember that ARE is charged *per page* on a monthly basis, whether we are copying or printing. Please recycle paper either at the copier or at your own printer if applicable.
The ARE copiers will print a “banner” page, which will be offset before each print job with your unity ID on it and will help when searching for your printout on the output tray. The address book in the printers contains departmental faculty and staffs’ emails.
The next item of introduction for our new copiers is the ability to not only scan but to scan something and have it emailed to your inbox or whomever as an attachment.
- Place scanning material in the document feeder or on a scanning glass
- Scroll down and select the preferences (1 sided or 2 sided, enlarge, darken etc.)
- Either type e-mail in the address field or select address book icon
- Hit Send
Windows – Secured Printing + Stapling feature
Secured Printing: Allows users to send a print job to the copier and, when convenient, have it print when you go to the printer and type in a security PIN code to release the job. This feature is available only on Windows systems
- Select “Preferences” or “Properties” depending on what program you’re in.
- In Job Type: Select “Secure Print” and type a desired code, this is up to you
- Hit OK, and send the job to the printer
–>Once at the printer<–
- Log-in at the printer
- Go into “Jobs” menu and find your secured print job being held
- Select the job and input the PIN Code to release it
Stapling: The printer is capable of stapling a document up to 50 pages. The printer’s finisher will only hold 500 sheets of paper, so if you’re sending 800 page staple job, the printer will stop once it reaches 500 pages and alert you to remove the finished part of the job.
- Select “Preferences” or “Properties” in the print menu once you have selected the desired printer
- In Finishing: Select 1 staple, hit OK, and send the job
Mac OS – Stapling feature
In order to have you document stapled when printing from Mac OS you will need to select the following:
- Depending on what program you use, you will need to find Printer Features or Properties. For example in Word, you will need to select Copies & Pages drop down.
- In Chrome/Firefox you will need to hit More Settings and Print Using System Dialog for Printer Features to show up.
- Select Staple setting to what you need
Colored printing is available for administrative staff only due to cost associated with colored toner. If you would like document(s) printed in color please contact our administrative team by sending them an e-mail : email@example.com
Printing accounts are made by default for faculty + staff. They are used to make copies and e-mail feature of the printer. If you are a graduate student or someone that is affiliated with the department and would like a printing account please contact ARE IT.