- Sign on to NCSU’s VPN Service. If you are on-campus you can skip this step.
- Open Start Menu –>Hit on ARE Remote Assistance.
- Invite someone you trust to help you –> Save this invitation as a file (save this in your “My Documents” folder or where you prefer)
- Once you have saved the file. You will get a window with a password. ARE IT needs both the file and the password in order to remotely connect to your computer.
- Send an e-mail to email@example.com with the file and the password
NOTE: If you get an error in Step 2. Do the following:
- If your computer says that it is not set up for remote assistance. You will need to launch ARE Remote Assistance as Administrator (right-click–>more–>run as administrator) and hit repair and re-launch and continue the steps below.