I do not see anything in Software Center in the Applications tab or Windows 10 Upgrade is missing.
How do I manually force a refresh?
- Connect to a reliable network connection
- Connect to NCSU VPN
- Open up your Control Panel by searching for it in Windows
- Search for Configuration Manager in Control Panel
- In Configuration Manager click on Actions tab, then manually trigger the following actions
- Machine Policy Retrieval & Evaluation Cycle–>Run Now–>Ok
- Application Deployment Evaluation Cycle–>Run Now–>Ok
- You should start seeing software available within 5-10 minutes after you have run these actions.
I am getting an error message when opening Software Center. What should I do?
Most of the time you would get an error message when you try to start the app too soon after rebooting the computer. Please wait 5-10 minutes and try again. If the issue still persists please contact ARE IT
All software keeps failing to install or says “failed”, what should I do?
Check that the software really did fail to install.
- In some situations, Software Center will report an installation “failed” but the software has actually been installed and in may cases works.
- Search for the software on the computer, and if you find it, try running it and determine whether it will start up.
- For licensed software, the licensing portion of the installation may have failed and needs to be done manually.
- If the software is missing altogether, proceed to step 2.
Delete SCCM Cache and re-try the installation.
- Open the Control Panel and select Configuration Manager.
- Select the Cache tab and click Configure Settings and enter credentials if prompted, then click Delete Files.
- Be sure to check the box for Delete persisted cache content and click Yes.
- Close the Configuration Manager window, close and re-open Software Center, navigate to the failed software and click Retry.
If the issue still persists please contact ARE IT