DELTA is making some changes to the default Zoom meeting settings to
improve session security and privacy for the NC State service
(ncsu.zoom.us). These changes are being made at the NC State account level,
but individual users can select different meeting settings that apply to
all of their own meetings (https://ncsu.zoom.us/profile/setting) or that
apply to specific meetings. The new default settings will apply when
creating meetings going forward, but the settings on meetings that were
created prior to the change will not be affected.
Protecting Zoom Meetings From Unwanted Disruptions – DELTA Knowledge Based Article
What specific default settings are being changed?
- Require a password when scheduling new meetings — Change default to ON
- Require a password for instant meetings — Change default to ON
- Require a password for Personal Meeting ID (PMI) — Change default to ON
- File transfer — Change default to OFF
- Allow participants to rename themselves — Change default to OFF